This well-illustrated manual offers veterinary technicians and nurses practical advice on performing basic dental procedures. It covers all key day-to-day scenarios in a small animal practice, including equipment, preventive dentistry, and dental radiography. The authors — one a world authority on veterinary dentistry, the other a listed veterinary nurse — have worked together for more than a decade and have unparalleled experience in animal dentistry and oral surgery.
- Specifically written for veterinary nurses and technicians
- Details equipment and instrument requirements and maintenance
- Covers anesthesia for the dental/oral surgery patient
- Provides clear instructions for performing common dental procedures
- Includes practical advice on running a dental clinic
- Offers tips of the trade from an experienced oral care team
By Cecilia Gorrel, BSc, MA, VetMB, DDS, MRCVS, HonFAVD, DipEVDC, Veterinary Dentistry and Oral Surgery Referrals, Veterinary Oral Health Consultancy, Pilley, UK; and Susan Derbyshire, Veterinary Nurse, Personal Assistant, Practice Manager, Veterinary Dentistry & Oral Surgery Referrals, Veterinary Oral Health Consultancy