Therapeutic Exercise for Lumbopelvic Stabilization, 2nd EditionA Motor Control Approach for the Treatment and Prevention of Low Back Pain
New to this edition
· The text includes new, detailed information on Panjabi's model, the passive system, the neural system, the muscle system, and the dysfunctions in each system and their interrelationships.
· Refocused material provides the reader with knowledge necessary to real-life practice by placing new emphasis on the principles relating to injury prevention and its importance for reducing health costs.
· Expanded coverage of issues of the neural spine and ergonomics help the reader come to a thorough understanding of this important topic.
· Information on acute and early intervention now provides comprehensive coverage.
· The inclusion of issues relating to the management of chronic pain conditions helps to present the latest important issues in the field.
· The integration between the local and global muscle systems explains the importance and relationship of these two topics.
· New therapeutic exercises and other treatment programs keep the reader up-to-date.
· Coverage offers the most up-to-date information available, as it is based on the very latest research from the key workers in the field around the world
· Practical examples demonstrate the clinical relevance of the research to the student and busy practitioner
· The text presents a new, problem-solving approach to back pain assessment and management, based on the latest understanding of the anatomy, physiology and biomechanics involved.
· Extensive illustrations, line diagrams, and photographs complement the text with visual aides.