The Practice of Patient Education, 10th EditionA Case Study Approach
New to this edition
- Teaching basics streamlined for use as the main text for a course or as a supplement to any clinically oriented course.
- Includes multiple case examples, at every stage of the teaching process, which students can use as models to guide their own practice.
- New case study approach provides multiple case examples enabling readers to understand how to apply teaching strategies to specific patient types and settings.
- Now includes significant content in patient self-management of chronic conditions, the largest growing area of patient education.
- Covers a variety of learning theories and concepts, as well as strategies for applying them in patient teaching.
- Uses evidence-based patient education practice, with extensive citations to the research base.
- Presents key issues in patient education such as literacy, use of patient decision aids, and multiple patient conditions for which organized patient education should be developed.
- Includes study questions with suggested answers.