Covering all the knowledge and skills needed for everyday duties as well as success on certification and recertification exams, The Ophthalmic Assistant, 11th Edition, is an essential resource for allied health personnel working in ophthalmology, optometry, opticianry, and other eye care settings. Drs. Harold A. Stein, Raymond M. Stein, and Melvin I. Freeman are joined by new editor Dr. Rebecca Stein and several new contributing authors who provide practical, up-to-date guidance on ocular diseases, surgical procedures, medications, and equipment, as well as paramedical procedures and office management for today’s practice. This outstanding reference and review tool provides essential knowledge and guidance for ophthalmic assistants, technicians, and technologists as critical members of the eye care team.
- Keeps you up to date with coverage of key topics such as topography-guided PRK, cataract surgery with multifocal IOLs to treat presbyopia, and OCT and OCTA, as well as the latest information on basic science, new testing procedures and equipment, and two new chapters on refractive surgery and eye banking.
- Provides full-color visual guidance for identification of ophthalmic disorders, explanations of difficult concepts, and depictions of the newest equipment used in ophthalmology and optometry—more than 1,000 images in all.
- Features more than 400 interactive multiple-choice review questions that test your knowledge and understanding of key concepts.
- Includes a bonus color-image atlas that tests your clinical recognition of disease and disorders of the eye.
- Contains convenient quick-reference appendices with hospital/practice forms for more efficient patient record keeping, conversion tables, and numerous language translations, plus information on ocular emergencies, pharmaceuticals, and more.
- Enhanced eBook version included with purchase. Your enhanced eBook allows you to access all of the text, figures, and references from the book on a variety of devices.
By Harold A. Stein, MD, MSC(Ophth), FRCS(C), DOMS(London), Director, Maxwell K. Bochner Eye Institute, Toronto, Ontario; Professor of Ophthalmology, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario; Senior Attending Ophthalmologist, Scarborough General Hospital, Scarborough, Ontario; Attending Ophthalmologist, Mount Sinai Hospital, Toronto, Ontario; Past President, Canadian Ophthalmological Society, Ottawa, Ontario; Past President, Joint Commission on Allied Health Personnel in Ophthalmology, St. Paul, MN; Director, Professional Continuing Education, Centennial College of Applied Arts, Toronto, Ontario, Canada; Raymond M. Stein, MD, FRCS(C), Medical Director, Maxwell K. Bochner Eye Institute, Toronto, Ontario; Associate Professor of Ophthalmology, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario; Chief, Department of Ophthalmology, Scarborough General Hospital, Scarborough, Ontario; Attending Ophthalmologist, Mount Sinai Hospital Toronto, Ontario; Past President, Canadian Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery, Orleans, Ontario; Melvin I. Freeman, MD, FACS, Clinical Professor of Ophthalmology, Emeritus, University of Washington School of Medicine, Seattle, WA; Affiliate Clinical Investigator, Benaroya Research Institute at Virginia Mason, Seattle, WA; Past Head of Ophthalmology, Virginia Mason Clinic and Medical Center, Seattle, WA; Past President, Joint Commission on Allied Health Personnel in Ophthalmology, St. Paul, MN; Past President, Alliance for Continuing Medical Education, Birmingham, AL and Rebecca Stein, MBCHB, University of Toronto Toronto, Ontario, CA