The Essential Guide to Herbal Safety, 1st Edition
- Provides the most current information on safety issues in herbal medicine.
- Presents authoritative and credible safety information from two experienced herbal practitioners.
- Combines theoretical chapters with 125 well-researched monographs, making it the most thorough and comprehensive text on the market for herbal safety in practice.
- Provides clear information using the most current evidence-based reviews, covering factors that influence herb safety, including the negative placebo effects (nocebo), various types of unpredictable effects, the basis for interactions between herbs and drugs, and quality issues.
- Uses an established grading system for assessing safety in pregnancy and lactation that is realistic and appropriate to herb use.
- Thoroughly critiques the dominant misinformation in the media and medical journals on herb safety issues.
- Contains 83 documented case studies on hepatoxicity and the effects in relation to kava. Kava safety is a hot topic.
- Includes two useful appendices detailing herbal references for pregnancy and lactation considerations.