Sheehy's Emergency Nursing, 7th EditionPrinciples and Practice
Written by emergency nurses for emergency nurses, Sheehy's Emergency Nursing: Principles and Practice, 7th Edition covers the issues and procedures unique to the emergency department. This comprehensive, evidence-based resource is written by the Emergency Nurses Association and includes developments and changes in clinical practice that are incorporated throughout the text. Considered the go-to guide for issues and procedures unique to the emergency department, the user-friendly format features more than 150 high-quality illustrations and tables that highlight essential concepts and offer quick access to vital information. New to this edition is updated key coverage including clinical fundamentals, treatment for trauma and medical-surgical emergencies, the foundations of emergency nursing practice, special populations, and more!
New to this edition
- NEW! Coverage includes the latest on topical issues such as ethics, workplace violence, and geriatric trauma.
- UPDATED pain guidelines feature the latest pain indicators.
- UPDATED sepsis guidelines provide essential information on pathophysiology and diagnosis, with valuable guidelines for managing these patients.
- NEW! Fully revised information on communicable diseases.
- UPDATED Information on non-narcotic use for treatment of pain and increasing rates of addiction.
- NEW! Discussion of transgender patients covers how to work with this unique population.
- NEW! Full color photo insert
- Written by the Emergency Nurses Association , ensuring this is the most accurate information on the market.
- Most comprehensive and authoritative text available on emergency nursing.
- Logically organized, chapters are grouped into six sections for quick access to important content: Foundations of Emergency Nursing, Professional Practice, Clinical Foundations of Emergency Nursing, Major Trauma Emergencies, Medical and Surgical Emergencies, and Special Patient Populations.
- Tables and boxes highlight and summarize critical and essential information, while 150 illustrations help you to quickly identify and treat frequently encountered conditions.
- A separate unit on special patient populations covers topics such as child abuse, elder abuse, intimate partner violence, sexual assault, substance abuse and behavioral/pediatric/obstetrical emergencies.