Highly engaging and visually attractive, this clear and lively introduction to research is designed to help readers gain confidence and initiate small practice-based research projects. Providing a foundation in understanding research, it includes valuable information on how to get started, how to formulate useful and answerable research questions, a range of methodologies set in terms of their usefulness and limitations, strategies for seeing a project through completion, and writing up the results. Pitfalls and pointers are also highlighted along the way.
- Provides a realistic and clear introduction to understanding research
- Features simple explanation of all key concepts
- Offers clear guidance on how to formulate and initiate a project
- Includes a summary of pros and cons of each research methodology
- Provides examples relating to each method
- Includes checklists, summary boxes, warnings, tips and illustrations in abundance
By Mark Kane, MA, DO, ND, MBAcC, Senior Lecturer, School of Integrated Health, University of Westminster, London, UK