This is a clear and lively book intended for students and practitioners from a variety of healthcare backgrounds who want to gain a first foothold in understanding research. It is a highly engaging and very visually attractive introduction to research which students and practitioners will use to gain confidence and to develop as far as initiating small practice based research projects. The book will outline how to get started, how to formulate useful and answerable research questions, a range of methodologies set in terms of their usefulness and limitations, strategies for seeing the project through and writing up the results. Pitfalls and pointers are highlighted along the way.
- Provides a realistic and clear introduction to understanding research
- Features simple explanation of all key concepts
- Offers clear guidance on how to formulate and initiate a project
- Includes a summary of pros and cons of each research methodology
- Provides examples relating to each method
- Includes checklists, summary boxes, warnings, tips and illustrations in abundance
By Mark Kane, MA, DO, ND, MBAcC