Rehabilitation of the Hand and Upper Extremity, 2-Volume Set, 7th Edition
Long recognized as an essential reference for therapists and surgeons treating the hand and the upper extremity, Rehabilitation of the Hand and Upper Extremity helps you return your patients to optimal function of the hand, wrist, elbow, arm, and shoulder. Leading hand surgeons and hand therapists detail the pathophysiology, diagnosis, and management of virtually any disorder you’re likely to see, with a focus on evidence-based and efficient patient care. Extensively referenced and abundantly illustrated, the 7th Edition of this reference is a "must read" for surgeons interested in the upper extremity, hand therapists from physical therapy or occupational therapy backgrounds, anyone preparing for the CHT examination, and all hand therapy clinics.
- Offers comprehensive coverage of all aspects of hand and upper extremity disorders, forming a complete picture for all members of the hand team—surgeons and therapists alike.
- Provides multidisciplinary, global guidance from a Who’s Who list of hand surgery and hand therapy editors and contributors.
- Includes many features new to this edition: considerations for pediatric therapy; a surgical management focus on the most commonly used techniques; new timing of therapeutic interventions relative to healing characteristics; and in-print references wherever possible.
- Features more than a dozen new chapters covering Platelet-Rich Protein Injections, Restoration of Function After Adult Brachial Plexus Injury, Acute Management of Upper Extremity Amputation, Medical Management for Pain, Proprioception in Hand Rehabilitation, Graded Motor Imagery, and more.
- Provides access to an extensive video library that covers common nerve injuries, hand and upper extremity transplantation, surgical and therapy management, and much more.
- Helps you keep up with the latest advances in arthroscopy, imaging, vascular disorders, tendon transfers, fingertip injuries, mobilization techniques, traumatic brachial plexus injuries, and pain management—all clearly depicted with full-color illustrations and photographs.
- Enhanced eBook version included with purchase. Your enhanced eBook allows you to access all of the text, figures, and references from the book on a variety of devices.