Psychiatry Morning Report: Beyond the Pearls, 1st Edition
Psychiatry Morning Report: Beyond the Pearls is a case-based reference that covers the key material included on the USMLE Step 2 and Step 3 as well as the psychiatry clerkship. Focusing on the practical information you need to know it teaches how to analyze a clinical vignette in the style of a morning report conference sharpening your clinical decision-making skills and helping you formulate an evidence-based approach to realistic patient scenarios.
- Each case has been carefully chosen and covers scenarios and questions frequently encountered on the USMLE/psychiatry boards, shelf exams, and clinical practice, integrating both basic science and clinical pearls.
- "Beyond the Pearls" tips and secrets (all evidence-based with references) provide deep coverage of core material.
- "Morning Report"/"Grand Rounds" format begins with the chief complaints to the labs, relevant images, and includes a "pearl" at the end of the case. Questions are placed throughout the case to mimic practical decision making both in the hospital and on the board exam.
- Introductory chapters discuss practical psychiatry skills for daily functioning including taking a history, presenting and writing a note, briefly reviewing psychopharmacology, and ethical considerations.
- Written and edited by experienced teachers and clinicians; each case has been reviewed by board certified attending/practicing physicians.
- Student Consult™ eBook version included with purchase. This enhanced eBook experience allows you to search all of the text, figures, and references from the book on a variety of devices.
|Main Author||By Tammy Duong, MD, Rebecca L. Tamas, MD, FAPA and Peter Ureste, MD|
|Trim||229 x 152 (6 x 9)|
|Publication Date||20 Apr 2020|
|Stock Status||IN STOCK|