Practical Hepatic Pathology: A Diagnostic Approach, 2nd EditionA Volume in the Pattern Recognition Series
A volume in the popular Pattern Recognition Series, Practical Hepatic Pathology: A Diagnostic Approach features completely updated and reorganized content, resulting in a truly practical guide to understanding liver pathology. Dr. Romil Saxena presents interpretation of liver biopsies according to a pattern-based approach that begins with recognition of the predominant histological pattern of injury, followed by identification of secondary features and appropriate work-up that lead you away from pitfalls to the best diagnosis.
New to this edition
- Virtual Microscope provides your own personal set of over 300 liver slides accessible anywhere, any time on your favorite digital device. Navigate around and zoom in and out to savor these exceptionally high quality whole slide images covering everything from the normal liver to rare challenging cases.
- New section on Evolving Concepts keeps you abreast of new paradigms in liver diseases such as reversal of fibrosis, heterogeneity of cirrhosis, and biphenotypic primary liver cell carcinoma.
- Reorganized Table of Contents is even more intuitive.
- Expert Consult eBook version is included with purchase. This enhanced eBook experience allows you to search all of the text, figures, images, and references from the book across digital platforms.
- Unique "visual index" at the beginning of the book references the exact chapter and specific page needed for in-depth diagnostic guidance.
- Superb, high-quality, full-color images illustrate pathognomonic features and common variations.
- Features comprehensive information on major adult and childhood liver diseases, hepatic neoplasms and pre-neoplastic nodules, including clinical features, laboratory tests, imaging findings and differential diagnosis.
- Coverage of the clinical aspects of liver transplantation allows you to understand the pathology and practice of this procedure.