Pediatric Dentistry, 6th EditionInfancy through Adolescence
Provide superior oral and dental care to children of all ages! Pediatric Dentistry: Infancy through Adolescence Expert Consult, 6th Edition provides comprehensive coverage of oral care for infants, children, teenagers, and medically compromised pediatric patients. Organized by age group, the text covers examination, diagnosis, and treatment planning, as well as topics such as the prevention of dental disease, traumatic injuries, orthodontics, and restorative dentistry. From a team of accomplished authors and contributors led by Arthur J. Nowak, this edition includes a new Expert Consult website featuring case studies and procedural videos along with a fully searchable version of the text.
New to this edition
- NEW and UNIQUE! Expert Consult platform offers additional content and includes case studies along with procedural videos for practical, real-world application.
- NEW chapters cover cariology, pain control, and cleft lip and palate; other updates include infant oral health, pit and fissure sealants, regenerative endodontics, and the risk factors surrounding the transition from adolescence to adulthood.
- NEW! Greater diversity of contributors includes expert perspectives from all over the world.
- NEW! Expert Consult case studies are included in 33 chapters.
- NEW! Video clips of procedures are included in the Expert Consult case studies.
- NEW! Review questions and answers are included in the Expert Consult case studies, with three questions per case study.
- UNIQUE! Age-specific organization separates sections and chapters by age group to cover specific changes the child experiences physically, cognitively, emotionally, and socially.
- Fundamentals of Pediatric Dentistry section covers basic information on children of all ages, including topics such as local and systemic diseases, pediatric physiology, cariology, pain control, and medical emergencies.
- Coverage of current trends and challenges emphasizes the prevention of dental diseases and reflects pediatric dentistry as it is practiced today.
- UPDATED coverage of caries risk assessment in children reflects the evolution of evidence-based oral health care.
- More than 1,000 full-color photos and illustrations show dental conditions and treatments.