Mosby's Surefire Documentation, 2nd EditionHow, What, and When Nurses Need To Document
New to this edition
- Completely updated content throughout that reflects the latest information and guidelines affecting documentation, including HIPAA and JCAHO standards.
- Expanded coverage of electronic documentation and its implications for nurses.
- A wealth of new and expanded special features such as Charting Checklists, Legal Briefs, and Case Law Close-Ups that further illustrate important documentation and legal considerations
- UNIQUE! Case histories that illustrate key legal points
- Tips to help nurses streamline documentation without sacrificing accuracy
- Guidance for documenting unusual or difficult developments or events
- Clear, concise explanations of complex legal terms and concepts
- Advice on how and why to document for a variety of documentation systems
- Charting Checklists identify essential points to record for a particular situation
- Legal Briefs explain legal terms, such as a living will, or give practical advice for avoiding legal pitfalls
- Case Law Close-Ups describe specific court cases, explain the court's ruling, and point out the nursing implications
- Tips and Advice help the nurse solve documentation problems, such as correcting a mistaken entry, and give advice on recording data in complex situations Did you know? sections present interesting, practical, or little-known points related to a specific topic