Mosby's Pathology for Massage Professionals, 5th Edition
Get complete massage pathology information in one convenient text! Mosby's Pathology for Massage Professionals, 5th Edition provides concise pathology information, along with specific therapeutic recommendations. Coverage of more than 300 pathologies shows you how to appropriately tailor treatment, and more than 500 full-color photographs make it easier to recognize common pathologies. Written by massage therapy educator, researcher, and practitioner Dr. Susan Salvo, this resource provides the pathology knowledge you need to succeed in the classroom and in your career.
New to this edition
- UPDATED! Refreshed artwork throughout the book visually reinforces key concepts and techniques.
- UPDATED! Information on the biopsychosocial model, transmission-based precautions, and disinfection procedures for today’s massage practice.
- UPDATED! Inclusion of sleep disorders, opioids, and CBD use by clients, and their massage considerations.
- UPDATED! Addition of evidence-based protocols for scar tissue, constipation, hypoglycemia, and more.
- UPDATED! Detailed information on how to work with clients after surgery, who have a colostomy, amputations, or who are on dialysis.
- UPDATED! Thoroughly reviewed and revised pathologies feature current research findings and reflect what students will encounter in today’s massage therapy practice, with a focus on evidence-informed practice.
- Coverage of more than 300 pathologies provides students with ample information without being overwhelming.
- More than 500 full-color photographs help students recognize common diseases and conditions.
- Case studies in each chapter encourage students to apply their knowledge and develop clinical reasoning skills.
- UNIQUE! Hospital-Based Massage chapter covers different protocols needed for massage therapists working in institutionalized care settings and provides useful information about working with clients who are medically fragile or in hospice care.
- User-friendly, comprehensive format makes it easy to find key information with learning objectives, a systems overview that includes the aging process, and pathologies that feature descriptions, etiologies, signs and symptoms, current treatment measures including medications in bold-italics for easy identification, and massage modifications.