Mosby's Complementary & Alternative Medicine, 3rd EditionA Research-Based Approach
New to this edition
- Three new chapters:
- Reiki describes this popular CAM therapy and how it can be used along with related ethical and legal issues.
- Measurement of the Human Biofield explores cutting-edge technology and research into the biofield as well as theories about the implications of mind-body regulation.
- The Future of Ethnomedicine offers views of health and sickness from around the world, including perspectives that differ from traditional instruction and media portrayals.
- Includes the latest information on professional licensing.
- Seven new interviews are included, plus updates to previous interviews.
- More than 200 photographs and illustrations and 15 new line drawings clarify the material and make learning easier.
- A highly readable style simplifies complex concepts and keeps the material interesting.
- Current, research-based information explores the efficacy of many therapies so you can make decisions with confidence.
- Healing methods are emphasized, rather than systems.
- A topical organization lets you use what you need for your own practice, without having to read through extraneous detail.
- Chapter openers show why the content of the chapter is important, what is covered, and what objectives will be met. Features include:
- Why Read this Chapter?
- Chapter at a Glance
- Chapter Objectives
- An Expert Speaks boxes highlight the personal experience of well-known researchers and practitioners in each discipline, discussing the historical context of research, current contributions, and future directions.
- Critical Thinking and Clinical Application Questions show real-world situations so you can test and apply your knowledge.
- Points to Ponder help you tie together and interpret facts.
- A Closer Look boxes expand upon case study reviews and clinical application examples.
- Learning Opportunities suggest activities for interacting with health care professionals.
- Summary tables show outcomes from important clinical trials at a glance.
- Appendices provide information on CAM resources and contacts.
- A free Evolve companion website includes regular updates of content, student activities, and full-color images.