Mosby's Advanced Pharmacy Technician, 1st Edition
Take your career to the next level with Mosby’s Advanced Pharmacy Technician: Principles and Practice! Beginning with an exploration of expanding roles for the pharmacy technician, this resource includes coverage of leadership, management, and technical skills to support career progression and preparation for the new Advanced Pharmacy Technician certification credential. Case studies, critical thinking exercises, chapter quizzes, and a sample exam provide ample opportunities for skills assessment. A perfect companion to Mosby’s Pharmacy Technician, this text provides you with the knowledge and tools needed to take charge of your career in the fast-paced and exciting field of pharmacy technology!
(Mosby’s Pharmacy Technician sold seperately.)
- Content is based on ASHP and PTCB standards to match the coverage required in advanced-level pharmacy technician programs and support the new CPhT-Adv credential.
- Coverage builds upon the Certified Pharmacy Technician skill set with a variety of advanced-level skills, including medication history and reconciliation, error prevention, hazardous medications, controlled substances, technology considerations, inventory, billing and reimbursement, and management and leadership topics to help students develop a supervisory skill set.
- Study and practice opportunities throughout include review questions at the end of each chapter, an exam-review appendix with sample questions, and review questions on the companion Evolve website.
- Chapter case studies and critical thinking exercises throughout emphasize real-world problem solving.
- Tech Notes and Tech Alerts offer practical tips for on-the-job accuracy and efficiency.