Maternal, Fetal, & Neonatal Physiology, 5th EditionA Clinical Perspective
Awarded first place in the 2018 AJN Book of the Year Awards in the Maternal-Child Health/Prenatal Nursing/ Childbirth category! Learn to provide the best prenatal, intrapartum, postpartum, and neonatal care possible. Maternal, Fetal, & Neonatal Physiology: A Clinical Perspective, 5th Edition includes expert insight and clinically relevant coverage of the physiologic changes that occur throughout all major periods of the perinatal experience. This classic reference gives you a solid foundation for assessment and therapeutic interventions, featuring an emphasis on the evolving interrelationships between mother, fetus, and neonate and adaptations of preterm and term infants to the extrauterine environment.
New to this edition
- NEW! Thoroughly updated content addresses the very latest practice issues and provides the basis for understanding physiologic adaptations in pregnant women, infants, and children.
- NEW! Expanded coverage of maternal, fetal, neonatal, and pediatric physiology.
- NEW! Soft cover and added color provide a contemporary look and feel.
- Solid coverage of the physiologic bases for assessment and therapeutic interventions make this an ideal resource for maternity, neonatal, women’s health, or midwifery programs.
- Synthesis of the latest research studies and evidence-based practice provides vital data on normal physiologic changes during the antepartum, intrapartum and postpartum periods; anatomic and functional development of the fetus; and developmental physiology of preterm and term neonates.
- Coverage of pathophysiology and interventions for the pregnant woman, fetus, and newborn for selected abnormal events gives you a solid understanding of physiologic adaptations and developmental physiology relating to major body systems and metabolic processes.
- Pharmacology tables offer quick access to key pharmacology information and drug effects with clinical examples.