This title is directed primarily towards health care professionals outside of the United States. It is part of a series of books that reflects the trend towards a core curriculum and self-directed learning. The content is restricted to the ‘must know' core information presented in a synoptic style. The diagrams that support the text are in a style that the reader can remember and reproduce in examinations. Each chapter ends with a selection of self-assessment material and full explanatory answers. These consolidate and expand on the chapter contents.
- Concise synoptic (not telegraphic text).
- Appropriate self-assessment material.
- Only covers core, so student knows the whole book is essential.
- Includes key objectives.
- Contains simple and memorable diagrams for reproduction in exams.
- Ideal for learning as well as examination review, specifically trying to stimulate the student into assessing his/her own knowledge.
- The books in the series both complement other available major texts, but also contain enough material to stand in the own right.
- Provides examination practice.
- Part of co-ordinated series.
By Timothy J. J. Inglis, BM, DM, PhD, FRCPath, FRCPA, DTM&H, Medical Microbiologist, PathWest Laboratory Medicine WA; Clinical Senior Lecturer, University of Western Australia; Consultant Microbiologist, Sir Charles Gairdner Hospital, Perth, Western Australia