Instant Workups: Clinical Guide to Pediatrics, by Theodore X. O'Connell, MD, is a portable pocket resource and quick refresher that helps you develop and refine your diagnostic skills. Practical and easy to use, it provides clear workup plans for the most common pediatric conditions, providing you with quick, focused guidance with the flexibility to adapt to each unique patient. Topics are organized alphabetically and cover the signs, symptoms, and abnormal lab readings for each condition. Replace information taken from memory or multiple references with one concise, indispensable book so you can make accurate diagnoses in less time!
- Covers the most commonly encountered pediatric conditions to provide you with a practical and useful manual for daily practice.
- Reflects how a patient actually presents with an organization by presenting sign, symptom, or lab abnormality.
- Includes a brief background discussion on each topic, followed by lists of important related materials (such as medications that may contribute to each condition) and laboratory and/or radiographic tests to be ordered.
- Describes each diagnostic test so you can refresh or familiarize yourself with the purpose of the test.
- Provides a sound framework for building a workup with algorithms for each topic.
By Theodore X. O'Connell, MD, Founding Director, Family Medicine, Kaiser Permanente Napa-Solano, Napa; Assistant Clinical Professor, Department of Community and Family Medicine, University of California, San Francisco, School of Medicine, San Francisco, California; Jonathan M. Wong; Kevin M. Haggerty, MD, Associate Physician
Southern California Permanente Medical Group
Woodland Hills, California; Timothy J. Horita, MD, Program Director, Family Medicine Residency Program, Kaiser Permanente Woodland Hills, Wookland Hills, CA; Clinical Assistant Professor, Department of Family Medicine, David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA, Los Angeles, CA and Partner Physician, Southern California Permanente Medical Group, Woodland Hills, CA