Guide to Nursing Management and Leadership, 8th Edition
New to this edition
- Updated two-color design highlights key information for easy reference.
- Information on succession planning helps you expand the process beyond simply replacing positions to identifying and nurturing a pool of potential candidates for future leadership success.
- Tables, boxes, and illustrations synthesize and streamline complex issues and theories for quick reference.
- Expanded online resources give you easy access to self-assessment questions, case studies, and critical thinking activities for further study outside of the classroom.
- UNIQUE! A logical organization of 15 chapters separated into leadership and management sections corresponds to the number of weeks in a typical semester.
- Complete coverage of management issues gives you a solid understanding of financial management, technology, nursing informatics, legal and ethical issues, error reduction, quality improvement, recruitment and retention, and personnel evaluation and development.
- In-depth discussions of key leadership concepts help you develop effective communication, stress management, and decision-making skills.
- Information on hot topics such as disaster management and bioterrorism keep you at the forefront of today’s complex health care environment.
- A global approach to nursing management reflects an increasing emphasis on diversity and the evolving clinical environment.
- Thought-provoking quotations throughout each chapter help relate complex theories and issues to everyday practice.
- Major Concepts & Definitions boxes outline and summarize the most significant ideas presented in each chapter and help clarify new terminology.
- Research Perspective boxes in each chapter summarize key nursing management studies, with a consistent format that outlines the purpose, methods, results, and conclusions of each study.
- Evolve® companion website offers practice worksheets, critical thinking activities, and case studies that challenge you to apply new concepts to realistic practice scenarios.