Foundations for Practice in Occupational Therapy, 6th Edition
Now in its sixth edition, the internationally acclaimed Foundations for Practice in Occupational Therapy continues to provide a practical reference tool which is both an indispensable guide to undergraduates and a practical reference tool for clinicians in the application of models and theories to practice. Underlining the importance and clinical relevance of theory to practice, the text provides an excellent introduction to the theoretical basis of occupational therapy. Contributions are given by both academics and expert clinicians.
All chapters have been revised and updated, new ones have been written and some pre-existing chapters have new authors. A refined structure uses highlight boxes to indicate the key themes and issues of each chapter and useful reflective questions to help the reader review the issues raised in the chapter.
New to this edition
- Chapters on the various conceptual models
- Highlight boxes throughout indicating key themes/issues
- Reflective questions at the end of each chapter
- Discusses evidence-based practices and established theories but also includes contemporary developments
- Range of expert contributors provide an international perspective of practice
- Case studies highlighting the application of theory to practice
- Details of the latest developments and debates in the field