Equine Anesthesia, 2nd EditionMonitoring and Emergency Therapy
New to this edition
- A complete update of all drug information and pain management techniques.
- The very latest research findings and clinical applications of anesthetic agents and techniques.
- The most recent developments in post-anesthetic care and monitoring.
- A chapter on intravenous anesthetic and analgesic adjuncts to inhalation anesthesia.
- A chapter on anesthesia and analgesia for donkeys and mules.
- A chapter on perioperative pain management.
- Many new illustrations as well as tables, graphs, boxes, key points, and summaries that make information instantly accessible.
- Discusses all aspects of equine anesthesia, including history, physiology, pharmacology, drug dosages, patient preparation, induction-maintenance-recovery of anesthesia management of potential complications, and more.
- Provides a detailed review of the respiratory and cardiovascular physiology of the horse.
- Provides thorough coverage of preoperative pain management in horses.
- Covers emergency medical care and managing anesthetic complications in both hospital and field situations.
- Includes information on the latest anesthetic drugs, including safe and effective protocols for different procedures, and the most up-to-date monitoring techniques.
- Each contributor is a recognized expert in his or her respective equine specialty, renowned for clinical as well as academic and research expertise.