Diagnostic Ultrasound for Sonographers, 1st Edition
Authored by ultrasound specialists and reviewed by expert sonographers, this unique title is an image-rich, clinically relevant resource for both sonographers and beginning sonologists. Diagnostic Ultrasound for Sonographers meets the need for higher level diagnostic knowledge to not only identify an abnormality but understand its diagnostic implications, and anticipate what additional images would be needed to confirm a diagnosis. It includes tips on optimizing scans to streamline and accelerate the diagnostic process.
- Provides one-of-a-kind, detailed coverage of a wide range ultrasound findings and diagnoses specifically tailored to help sonographers and beginning sonologists understand the comprehensive diagnostic ultrasound exams they perform, improve diagnostic accuracy, and minimize the frequency of additional radiologic tests
- Covers exams and diagnoses that would be seen in a busy ultrasound practice, focusing on what is essential for diagnosis, such as imaging anatomy, imaging findings, differential diagnosis, pathology, clinical issues, and a diagnostic checklist
- Presents detailed cross-sectional ultrasound of normal anatomy, with correlated MR and CT images where appropriate, and full-color drawings
- Includes clinically relevant diagnosis chapters with concise, bulleted Key Facts including classic imaging findings, artifacts, pitfalls, and recommendations, all generously illustrated with thoroughly annotated sonographic imaging examples and full-color drawings
- Expert Consult™ eBook version included with purchase, which allows you to search all of the text, figures, and references from the book on a variety of devices