Craig's Essentials of Sonography and Patient Care, 4th Edition
Providing a solid foundation in sonography, Craig’s Essentials of Sonography and Patient Care, 4th Edition prepares you to succeed in the classroom and in practice. Divided into two parts, this updated text first describes the origins and evolution of diagnostic medical sonography, defines important terminology, and provides proven study techniques such as note taking, effective listening, and test-taking strategies. The second section prepares you for the clinical environment, covering topics from the sonography perspective such as taking a patient's vital signs, safety considerations, body mechanics, patient transfer, infection control, emergency procedures, and assisting patients with special needs. Additionally, survival skills throughout the text seek to build students’ problem solving skills to help them adjust both academically and in the clinical setting.
New to this edition
- NEW! Coverage of aseptic and non-aseptic infection control techniques
- UPDATED! JRC-DMS content ensures you are up-to-date on the latest standards.
- The only text devoted entirely to entry-level students provides a foundation of essential knowledge ensuring your educational and professional success.
- Step-by-step presentation of patient care in a sonography setting teaches you how to perform basic medical techniques and interact with patients.
- Safety Issues chapter explains how to scan with proper scanning technique and posture to avoid repetitive-motion musculoskeletal injuries.
- Note boxes add information on applying concepts to the clinical setting.
- Objectives and key terms introduce each chapter’s important content.
- Chapter summaries simplify study and review by recapping the most important points.
- Glossary of Spanish phrases covers common instructions for better communication with Spanish-speaking patients.
- HIPAA information provides the knowledge that you will need to comply with federal law.