The new edition continues to be a practical, easy to understand, and up to date resource for managing coronary disease. It not only encompasses modern cardiology practice, but also considers how the patient came to arrive on coronary care, and what will happen them after they leave. The combined authorship of doctor and nurse reflects the close teamwork vital to the management of both patients and their families. Management of the cardiac patent is a complex process and this book has a clear approach conveying the necessary information in an easily understood way. It also has an excellent evidence base to ensure best practice and should appeal to staff in every cardiac unit.
New to this edition
- Adds material that reflects the growing literature on nurse-lead approaches to chest pain assessment, defibrillation, thrombolysis and specialist clinics (heart failure and dysrhythmias).
- Updates content in line with the latest guidelines from various medical bodies.
- Up to date coverage of a rapidly developing field
- Offers a multi-disciplinary approach to coronary care
- Easy to read and therefore easily understood
- Research/evidence based content ensures best practice
By Nigel I. Jowett, MD, MRCP, MB, BS, MRCS, LRCP, Director of Clinical Medicine and Consultant Physician, Pembrokeshire Health Trust, Wales, UK and David R. Thompson, BSc MA PhD MBA RN FRCN FAAN FESC, Professor of Cardiovascular Nursing, Australian Catholic University, Melbourne, Australia