Comprehensive Care of the Transgender Patient, 1st Edition
From a renowned specialist at the Cleveland Clinic and medical and surgical experts in this growing field comes an up-to-date, multidisciplinary resource on transgender health care and surgery. Comprehensive Care of the Transgender Patient, by Dr. Cecile Ferrando, covers all aspects of transgender health care, beginning with epidemiology and history and progressing to an in-depth review of the complex transition for patients, including mental health services, endocrine and hormone therapy treatment, and surgical options.
- Incorporates all of the latest guidelines for providers and patients, written by experts from a wide variety of disciplines involved in transgender patient care.
- Contains outstanding surgical chapters contributed by prominent surgeons who regularly perform these procedures, providing clear guidance on male-to-female and female-to-male surgical options.
- Features high-quality, full-color illustrations throughout.
- Covers key topics in every area of transgender health care, including Mental Health Care for the Adult and for the Child and Adolescent Transgender Patient; Hormone Treatment for the Adult and Adolescent Transgender Patient; Facial Surgery for Transgender Patients; Breast and Genital Surgeries for Transgender Patients; and Primary, Preventive, and Gynecologic Care.
- Expert Consult™ eBook version included with purchase. This enhanced eBook experience allows you to search all of the text, figures, Q&As, and references from the book on a variety of devices.