Incorporating a patient-focused perspective on communication and health care, this new title for physical and occupational therapists and students provides practical strategies for effective communication with both colleagues and patients. Written in a straightforward, easy-to-understand style, it offers a multidisciplinary, evidence-based approach and an emphasis on reflective practice, making it a timely and useful resource for today's readers.
- Discusses strategies for communicating with both colleagues and patients
- Examines the evidence for the importance of effective communication in enhancing clinical effectiveness
- Contains reflective exercises for self-awareness of personal communication skills and difficulties
- Provides case studies that allow the reader to analyze a range of realistic communication problems
- Includes research-based evidence throughout
By Frances Reynolds, BSc, Dip Psych Couns, PhD, Lecturer in Psychology and Rehabilitation Counselling, Department of Health Studies, Brunel University, Isleworth, UK