Clinical Procedures in Primary Eye Care, 5th Edition
Well organized and easy to read, Clinical Procedures in Primary Eye Care, 5th Edition, takes an accessible, step-by-step approach to describing the commonly used primary care procedures that facilitate accurate diagnosis and effective patient management. This practical, clinically-focused text offers succinct descriptions of today's most frequently encountered optometric techniques supported by research-based evidence. You’ll find essential instructions for mastering the procedures you need to know, including recent technical advances in the field.
- Discusses technical advances that are dramatically altering optometry: Optical Coherence Tomography (OCT) and ultra-wide field imaging (optomaps).
- Presents outstanding new digital images of OCT cases and optomaps for a wide variety of conditions of the central and peripheral retina.
- Focuses on evidence-based optometry; all procedures include a section that reviews when and how the procedure should be measured and uses clinical wisdom in addition to research-based evidence.
- Presents new digital images of normal variations of the eye – crucial visual support for understanding what is normal and what is disease.
- Helps you clearly visualize procedures and eye disorders through full-color photographs, diagrams, and video clips.
- Provides fully revised print on dry eye assessment based on the latest international Dry Eye Workshop (DEWS) guidelines.
- Features coverage of changes in the eye due to high myopia, and expounds the need for myopia control techniques.
- Offers extensive material online to enhance learning: video clips, interactive testing sections, additional photographs, and more.
- Expert Consult™ eBook version included with purchase. This enhanced eBook experience allows you to search all of the text, figures, and references from the book on a variety of devices.