Clinical Equine Oncology, 1st Edition
Diagnose common equine tumors accurately and find clinical information quickly! Clinical Equine Oncology describes the cellular basis of cancer and its etiopathogenesis, along with the principles of diagnosis, treatment, and management of cancer cases. This comprehensive resource offers more than just facts and diagrams — hundreds of detailed photographs make it easier to recognize and evaluate more than 50 types of tumors. It’s useful to anyone working in the equine field, whether you’re a veterinary surgeon, a practicing vet, equine dentist, or veterinary student. Written by a recognized expert on equine medicine, Derek Knottenbelt, this is the only book on the market that is completely dedicated to coverage of cancer in horses!
- More than 50 different types of tumor are covered, including tumors that occur in each of the 10 body systems.
- Over 800 excellent-quality photographs show the appearance of pathologies and cancerous conditions both before and after treatment.
- More than 80 full-color diagrams summarize key information.
- Detailed Pathology section describes common neoplasms in horses, cites research literature, and describes what is generally known about each condition.
- Authoritative, inclusive, and unique coverage is likely to remain the standard reference for years to come.
- Expert authors are recognized as the top experts in the field of equine oncology.
- Practical, colorful design includes icon-based references for quick appraisal of prevalence and prognosis.