This title is directed primarily towards health care professionals outside of the United States. Concentrating specifically on research into midwifery and related disciplines, this book appraises eight previously published research articles that present both qualitative and quantitative research studies. Each of the various elements is analysed - from the methodology through to the interpretation of the results. Each article is annotated with notes and questions, thereby enabling the reader to actively participate in the appraisal.
- Presents a range of quantitative and qualitative research articles relevant to midwifery practice in a unique workbook format
- Enables readers to gain hands-on, practical experience of critiquing research
- Supplementary tools, checklists, mnemonics and tables enable deeper understanding of the process of appraising research
- Commentary and expert critique provided by lecturers in midwifery research
- Contains a user-friendly guide to statistics
By Sara Wickham, RM, MA, BA(Hons), PGCE(A), Independent Midwifery Lecturer and Consultant