Workbook for Health Insurance Today, 7th EditionA Practical Approach
Corresponding to the chapters in Health Insurance Today, 7th Edition, this workbook gives you practice with the skills you will need to succeed as a health insurance professional. Practical assignments reinforce the information in the text, and engaging learning activities and exercises challenge you to apply your knowledge to real-world situations. This edition expands its focus on case studies and the use of practice management software, adding more opportunities for application in the medical office.
New to this edition
- NEW! Up-to-date information is included on all topics, including key topics like Medicare.
- NEW and expanded case studies and Internet Exploration activities are added.
- NEW! Additional performance objectives are included, using practice management software.
- NEW! Updated charts and forms are included.
- Performance-based activities include hands-on, application-based learning exercises that provide practice in areas such as completing claim forms, posting payments to a patient's ledger, filling out Release to Return to Work forms, and filling out Medicare appeals.
- Critical thinking activities strengthen your ability to apply health insurance concepts to a variety of challenging situations, with Stop and Think exercises allowing you to apply critical thinking skills to solve a problem or answer a question.
- Chapter assessments test your knowledge with multiple choice, true/false, short answer, fill-in-the-blank, and matching questions.
- Problem-solving and collaborative (group) activities emphasize the importance of teamwork in the healthcare field.
- Case studies ask you to solve a real-world problem related to health insurance, such as completing a CMS-1500 claim form or explaining how HIPAA could affect someone recently out of work.
- Application exercises ask you to apply your knowledge and skills to real-world situations.
- In-class projects and discussion topics enhance your understanding of specific content from the text.
- Internet Exploration exercises in each chapter help you learn how to perform research online.
- Defining Chapter Terms activities help you review and understand the key terms in each chapter.