Trease and Evans' Pharmacognosy, 16th Edition
New to this edition
- New chapter on 'Neuroceuticals'.
- Addition of many new compounds recently added to British Pharmacopoeia as a result of European harmonisation.
- Considers development in legal control and standardisation of plant materials previously regarded as 'herbal medicines'.
- More on the study of safety and efficacy of Chinese and Asian drugs.
- Quality control issues updated in line with latest guidelines (BP 2007).
- No other book provides such a wealth of detail.
- A reservoir of knowledge in a field where there is a resurgence of interest - plants as a source of drugs are of growing interest both in complementary medicine fields and in the pharmaceutical industry in their search for new 'lead compounds'.
- Dr Evans has been associated with the book for over 20 years and is a recognised authority in all parts of the world where pharmacognosy is studied, his knowledge and grasp of the subject matter is unique.
- Meticulously referenced and kept up to date by the editor, new contributors brought in to cover new areas.