Study Guide for Medical-Surgical Nursing, 10th EditionConcepts for Interprofessional Collaborative Care
Get a thorough review of medical-surgical nursing Concepts and Exemplars while developing your clinical judgment skills! Corresponding to Medical-Surgical Nursing: Concepts for Interprofessional Collaborative Care, 10th Edition, from Ignatavicius, Workman, Rebar, and Heimgartner, this Study Guide is thoroughly revised with a fresh emphasis on the Concepts and Exemplars featured in the textbook. It adds application-level NCLEX® Exam-style questions and exercises, new NCLEX alternate item questions, and a completely new collection of Case Studies to prepare you for the Next Generation NCLEX Examination. With this practical study guide, you will prepare for NCLEX success and build the clinical reasoning skills you need for safe, effective nursing practice.
New to this edition
- NEW and UNIQUE! Focus on Concepts and Exemplars reflects the conceptual emphasis of the Ignatavicius textbook.
- NEW! Higher percentage of application-level NCLEX® Exam-style questions is distributed throughout the chapters, plus additional NCLEX alternate item formats to help students develop clinical nursing judgment.
- NEW! Completely new collection of Next-Generation NCLEX®-style Case Studies to develop students’ clinical judgment skills and begin to prepare them for the Next-Generation NCLEX Exam (NGN).
- NEW! Detailed rationales in Answer Keys (now following each chapter) are provided for questions above the "Knowing" level of Bloom’s taxonomy, for improved remediation and development of clinical nursing judgment consistent with the NGN.
- NEW! Updated content throughout matches the 10th edition of the Ignatavicius textbook for more efficient study of essential medical-surgical nursing knowledge.
- Complete review of textbook content builds students’ clinical nursing judgment skills and enhances their ability to make safe and effective clinical decisions.
- UNIQUE! Focus on interprofessional collaboration provides tips for coordinating care with other health professionals, and includes application of IPEC’s Core Competencies for Interprofessional Collaborative Practice.
- Answer Key follows each chapter and adds new in-depth rationales for improved self-study and remediation.
- UNIQUE! Unparalleled emphasis on NCLEX® Exam-style questions includes multiple-choice and multiple-select formats, familiarizing students with all NCLEX question formats to better prepare them for the NCLEX Examination.
- UNIQUE! Emphasis on the textbook’s Concepts and Exemplar disorders focuses students on key medical-surgical nursing concepts and how they are exemplified in common disorders.