Strategies, Techniques, & Approaches to Critical Thinking, 6th EditionA Clinical Reasoning Workbook for Nurses
Develop the clinical nursing judgment you need to become a safe, competent clinician! Strategies, Techniques, & Approaches to Critical Thinking: A Clinical Reasoning Workbook for Nurses, 6th Edition uses a case-based, workbook format to help you build clinical reasoning skills. The clear, step-by-step approach helps you learn and apply essential knowledge, guiding you through increasingly sophisticated levels of critical thinking, priority-setting, and decision-making. More than 100 realistic case studies reflect the scenarios commonly encountered in clinical practice. Written by noted nursing educator Sandra Luz Martinez de Castillo, this edition adds coverage of emerging topics such as QSEN, interprofessional collaboration, and nursing leadership and delegation.
New to this edition
NEW! Expanded coverage of the Safety and Patient-Centered Care competencies of the Quality and Safety Education for Nurses (QSEN) initiative, with distinctive icons highlighting this content.
- NEW and UNIQUE! Coverage of interprofessional collaborative practice includes integration of interactions with other professions into relevant cases (especially in the cases involving leadership), incorporation of the Core Competencies for Interprofessional Collaborative Practice set forth by the Interprofessional Education Collaborative (IPEC), and inclusion of SBAR communication as a tool for interprofessional collaboration.
- NEW! Increased emphasis on delegation, leadership, and collaborative learning promotes professional practice and team-based learning.
- NEW! UPDATED content reflects changes in clinical practice and the latest NCLEX® Examination test plan, featuring new examples of EHR charting, the use of only generic drug names, and the exclusion of medical diagnoses from questions unless absolutely necessary.
- UNIQUE! Step-by-step approach builds your skills in critical thinking, clinical decision-making, and clinical reasoning, walking you through the author's research-based critical thinking model.
- More than 100 true-to-life cases demonstrate how cases progress and complications arise, helping you develop increasingly sophisticated levels of critical thinking.
- Emphasis on prioritization helps you prepare for nursing practice and for the NCLEX® Examination.
- Integrated NCLEX Examination review helps you apply critical thinking skills to test questions and prepares you for the state boards.