Sims' Symptoms in the Mind: Textbook of Descriptive Psychopathology, 6th Edition
Since its first edition in 1988, this book has become the leading introductory textbook on clinical psychopathology. Now fully revised and updated, it is an invaluable reference for psychiatrists of all levels as well as clinical psychologists, allied mental health professionals and researchers in this field.
New to this edition
- Now in 4 colour.
- New, bigger, more user-friendly format.
- Three new podcasts (consciousness, embodiment, shame and guilt).
- Comprehensive and accessible overview of clinical psychopathology.
- Defines, clarifies and describes the main symptoms and syndromes of mental illness encountered in clinical practice.
- Illustrates key principles of psychopathology with examples drawn from a wide range of sources.
- Fully updated throughout.
- Includes key point summaries.
- Complementary access to the e-book through ExpertConsult.
- Additional online electronic resources include:
- Patient interview scenarios exploring key themes (videos with transcripts).
- Author podcasts (audio) to expand and clarify core topics.
- Interactive question and answer sections for each chapter, to test your understanding and aid revision of essential areas.