Respiratory Care Anatomy and Physiology, 4th EditionFoundations for Clinical Practice
Prepare to think critically, take a more clinical perspective, and connect theory with practice! Written specifically for respiratory care students in an easy-to-understand format, Respiratory Care Anatomy and Physiology: Foundations for Clinical Practice, 4th Edition details applied respiratory and cardiovascular physiology and how anatomy relates to physiological functions. Content spans the areas of detailed anatomy and physiology of the pulmonary, cardiovascular, and renal systems, and covers the physiological principles underlying common therapeutic, diagnostic, and monitoring therapies and procedures. Thoroughly updated to reflect changes in the NBRC exam, this comprehensive, clinically relevant text features open-ended concept questions that help you learn how to think like the expert you aim to become.
New to this edition
- UPDATED! Thoroughly updated content reflects changes in the NBRC exam.
- NEW and UPDATED! New images enhance understanding of key concepts.
- Chapter outlines , chapter objectives, key terms, and a bulleted points to remember feature highlight important concepts and make content more accessible.
- Open-ended concept questions require reasoned responses based on thorough comprehension of the text, fostering critical thinking and discussion.
- Clinical Focus boxes throughout the text place key subject matter in a clinical context to help you connect theory with practice by understanding how physiology guides clinical decision-making in the real world.
- Appendixes contain helpful tables, formulas and definitions of terms and symbols.
- Evolve resources include a 600-question test bank in NBRC-style, PowerPoint presentations with ARS questions, an image collection, and an answer key to concept questions.