Pulmonary Pathology, 2nd EditionA Volume in the Series: Foundations in Diagnostic Pathology
Now fully revised to include recent advances in the field, the second edition of Pulmonary Pathology, a volume in the Foundations in Diagnostic Pathology series, is an essential foundation text for pathologists. The popular template format makes it easy to use, and new information throughout brings you up to date with what’s new in pulmonary pathology and pulmonary medicine, including molecular genetics and personalized medicine therapies. Practical and affordable, this resource is ideal for study and review as well as everyday clinical practice.
New to this edition
- Virtual Microscope slides now available online.
- Molecular genetics and personalized medicine therapies included throughout.
- New classification and approaches to diagnosis and management of pediatric diffuse lung diseases.
- 9/11-related lung disease and other recently described environmental lung diseases.
- Information on susceptibility genes for individual diseases.
- Viral linkage and new therapies for idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis, and well as information on endobronchial ultrasound-guided needle aspiration.
- Coverage of both common and rare neoplastic and non-neoplastic diseases of the lung and pleura.
- A focus primarily on diagnosis, with correlations to clinical and radiographic characteristics.
- Clinical and Pathologic Features summarized in quick-reference boxes for fast retrieval of information.
- Hundreds of photomicrographs and gross photographs – most in full color – depict important pathologic features, enabling you to form a differential diagnosis and compare your findings with actual cases.
- Contributions from internationally recognized pathologists, keeping you up to date with the latest information in the field.
- Expert Consult™ eBook version included with purchase. This enhanced eBook experience allows you to search all of the text, figures, and references from the book on a variety of devices.