Primary Care, 6th EditionInterprofessional Collaborative Practice
There’s no better preparation for Nurse Practitioners and others in the adult primary care field! Primary Care: Interprofessional Collaborative Practice, 6th Edition provides the concise yet thorough information that you need in today's fast-paced, interprofessional, collaborative environment. With authorship reflecting both academic and clinical expertise, this comprehensive, evidence-based primary care text/reference shows you how to deliver effective, truly interdisciplinary health care. It covers every major adult disorder seen in the outpatient office setting and features a unique interprofessional collaborative approach with referral/consultation highlights and more. New to this edition is an increased emphasis on rationales for recommendations, pharmacotherapeutics and drug decision-making, and diagnostic direction providing guidance in management, prescribing medications, and ordering diagnostic tests.
New to this edition
- NEW and UPDATED! Increased emphasis on rationales for treatment recommendations, pharmacotherapeutics and drug decision-making, and diagnostic direction.
- NEW and UPDATED! Revamped and new introductory chapters:
- NEW and UNIQUE! Patient/Family Education and Health Literacy chapter.
- NEW and UNIQUE! New Human Trafficking chapter.
- NEW chapters covering wellness, risk management, and LGBTQ patient care highlight risks, disparities in healthcare, and information to increase the well-being and care for all patients.
- Interprofessional Collaborative Practice: Where We Are Today chapter now includes content on the importance of interprofessional collaboration to underscore the significance of this paradigm shift and stress that NPs and other adult primary care providers must increasingly view themselves as part of a team, especially in management of patients with multiple co-morbidities.
- Translating Research into Clinical Practice chapter refocused to emphasize DNP scholarly projects and quality improvement projects.
- UNIQUE! Patient/Family Education and Health Literacy chapter.
- Genetic Considerations in Primary Care chapter refocused on the graduate-level primary care genetics competencies.
- Palliative Care chapter refocused on pain management with special sensitivity to the opioid epidemic.
- NEW! Red Flag features highlight issues not to be missed.
- NEW! Consistent chapter format and features reflect the systematic approach used in adult primary care practice to promote improved clinical reasoning skills, facilitate learning, and foster quick clinical reference.
- UPDATED! Content on routine health screenings and immunizations converted to tables for quick reference.
- Comprehensive, evidence-based, accurate, and current content focused on the needs of adult primary care providers.
- UNIQUE! Interprofessional collaborative approach with referral/consultation highlights.
- UNIQUE! Initial Diagnostics boxes provide quick reference to key decision-making content.