Pharmacology for Pharmacy Technicians, 3rd Edition
Master key scientific principles to prepare for certification and practice as a Pharmacy Technician. Pharmacology for Pharmacy Technicians, 3rd Edition, is a comprehensive, yet approachable text written specifically for your needs and offering complete coverage of the principles of pharmacology and the way drugs work within the body’s systems. Concepts are supplemented throughout with patient scenarios, anatomy and physiology refreshers, drug monographs with pill photos, and a number of other learning aids to help you comprehend this subject matter. With its companion workbook, this learning package provides the essential foundation necessary to launch a successful and rewarding career in Pharmacy Technology!
New to this edition
- UPDATED! Drug information reflects the latest dosage and prescription guidelines.
- NEW! Coverage of advancements in the areas of vaccines, HIV/AIDS, cancer, and diabetes provide you with the latest information for these chronic conditions.
- NEW! Additional artwork supports foundational and body-system pharmacology content.
- IMPROVED! Streamlined incorporation of med term and A&P content into chapters.
- Comprehensive, updated content is built to address the specific needs of Pharmacy Technician education.
- Mini drug monographs in every body system and drug classification chapter contain valuable drug information and pill photos for quick reference.
- Summary drug tables with generic/brand name, usual dose and dosing schedule, and warning labels offer at-a-glance access to information about specific drugs.
- Helpful Tech Notes enhance your understanding of the practical knowledge needed in the pharmacy setting and help you relate new concepts to practical use.
- Tech Alerts offer critical reminders and warnings to help you learn to identify and avoid common pharmacy errors.
- Technician's Corner critical thinking exercises prepare you for on-the-job situations by providing you with a set of facts and asking you to reach a conclusion.
- Updated drug information ensures you’re familiar with the latest drug approvals and therapeutic considerations.
- Key terminology list with definitions feature visual highlights within chapter discussions, and alphabetized list in the glossary.