Pharmaceutical Analysis, 5th EditionA Textbook for Pharmacy Students and Pharmaceutical Chemists
Pharmaceutical analysis determines the purity, concentration, active compounds, shelf life, rate of absorption in the body, identity, stability, rate of release etc. of a drug. Testing a pharmaceutical product involves a variety of analyses, and the analytical processes described in this book are used in industries as diverse as food, beverages, cosmetics, detergents, metals, paints, water, agrochemicals, biotechnological products and pharmaceuticals.
The mathematics involved is notoriously difficult, but this much-praised and well established textbook, now revised and updated for its fifth edition, guides a student through the complexities with clear writing and the author's expertise from many years' teaching pharmacy students.
- Worked calculation examples and self-assessment test questions aid continuous learning reinforcement throughout
- Frequent use of figures and diagrams clarify points made in the text
- Practical examples are used to show the application of techniques
- Key points boxes summarise the need to know information for each topic
- Focuses on the most relevant and frequently used techniques within the field