Nursing Interventions Classification (NIC), 8th Edition
Select nursing interventions with the book that standardizes nursing language! Nursing Interventions Classification (NIC), 8th Edition provides a research-based clinical tool to help you choose appropriate interventions. It standardizes and defines the knowledge base for nursing practice as it communicates the nature of nursing. More than 610 nursing interventions are described — from general practice to all specialty areas. From an expert author team led by Cheryl Wagner, this book is an ideal tool for practicing nurses and nursing students, educators seeking to enhance nursing curricula, and nursing administrators seeking to improve patient care. It’s the only comprehensive taxonomy of nursing-sensitive interventions available!
New to this edition
- NEW! 60 interventions are added to this edition, including several related to the care of patients with COVID considerations.
- UPDATED! Approximately 220 existing interventions have been revised.
- 614 research-based nursing intervention labels — with 60 new to this edition — are included, along with specific activities used to carry out interventions.
- Specialty core interventions are provided for 57 specialties.
- Descriptions of each intervention include a definition, a list of activities, a publication facts line, and references.