Kinn's Medical Assisting Fundamentals, 1st EditionAdministrative and Clinical Competencies with Anatomy & Physiology
Launch your Medical Assisting career with Kinn’s Medical Assisting Fundamentals: Administrative and Clinical Competencies with Anatomy & Physiology! This practical, hands-on text features an easy-to-understand writing style and detailed visuals designed to help you master all the Medical Assisting knowledge, procedures, and skills needed for career success. Based on trusted content from the bestselling Kinn’s product suite, this brand-new text and its accompanying resources incorporate the latest standards and competencies throughout, as well as approachable coverage of math, medical terminology, soft skills, and anatomy and physiology.
- Easy-to-grasp writing style is appropriate for all levels of learners in all types of Medical Assisting programs.
- Trusted Kinn’s content supports the following exam plans: CMA from the American Association of Medical Assistants; RMA and CMAS from American Medical Technologist; CCMA and CMAA from the National Healthcareer Association; NCMA from the National Center for Competency Testing; and CMAC from the American Medical Certification Association.
- Emphasis on anatomy and physiology — along with pathology, signs/symptoms, diagnostic procedures, and treatments — enables you to meet key competencies.
- Strong focus on medical terminology includes feature boxes that highlight chapter-related medical terminology to help you learn word parts, pronunciation, and definitions.
- Math exercises embedded throughout the text challenge you to sharpen your math skills.
- Procedures are mapped to CAAHEP and ABHES accreditation standards down to the step, offer rationales for each step, and can be conveniently performed in the classroom.
- Customer Service boxes in appropriate chapters help you develop the soft skills that employers seek when hiring Medical Assistants.
- Applied learning approach introduces a case scenario at the beginning of each chapter and then revisits it throughout the chapter to help you understand new concepts as they are presented.
- Chapter learning tools include vocabulary with definitions, critical thinking applications, and content that ties directly to the order of learning objectives.
- Pharmacology glossary of the top 100-150 most common over-the-counter and prescription medications gives you quick access to pronunciation guides, generic and trade names, and drug classification.