ICD-10-CM/PCS Coding: Theory and Practice, 2021/2022 Edition, 1st Edition
Learn facility-based coding by actually working with codes. ICD-10-CM/PCS Coding: Theory and Practice provides an in-depth understanding of inpatient diagnosis and procedure coding to those who are just learning to code, as well as to experienced professionals who need to solidify and expand their knowledge. Featuring basic coding principles, clear examples, and challenging exercises, this text helps explain why coding is necessary for reimbursement, the basics of the health record, and rules, guidelines, and functions of ICD-10-CM/PCS coding.
New to this edition
NEW! Updated ICD-10 codes and coding guidelines revisions ensure you have the most up-to-date information available.
- 30-day trial to TruCode® Encoder Essentials gives you experience with using an encoder, plus access to additional encoder practice exercises on the Evolve website.
- ICD-10-CM and ICD-10-PCS Official Guidelines for Coding and Reporting provide fast, easy access to instructions on proper application of codes.
- Coverage of both common and complex procedures prepares you for inpatient procedural coding using ICD-10-PCS.
- Numerous and varied examples and exercises within each chapter break chapters into manageable segments and help reinforcing important concepts.
- Illustrations and examples of key diseases help in understanding how commonly encountered conditions relate to ICD-10-CM coding.
- Strong coverage of medical records provides a context for coding and familiarizes you with documents you will encounter on the job.
- Illustrated, full-color design emphasizes important content such as anatomy and physiology and visually reinforces key concepts.