Health Promotion Throughout the Life Span, 9th Edition
Promote health and wellness for all ages and population groups! Health Promotion Throughout the Life Span, 9th Edition provides a comprehensive guide to leading health promotion concepts, from assessment to interventions to application. Its lifespan approach addresses patients’ unique needs with case studies and care plans, with an assessment framework based on Gordon’s Functional Health Patterns. New to this edition is expanded coverage of genomics and QSEN competencies. Written by nursing experts Carole Edelman and Elizabeth Kudzma, this bestselling text covers all the latest research and trends in health promotion and disease prevention.
New to this edition
- NEW! An increased focus on genomics reflects scientific evidence supporting the use of genetic tests and family health history to guide public health interventions.
- NEW! Expanded discussion of QSEN competencies is included, as related to health promotion.
- NEW! Guidelines and recommendations are included from the latest Guide to Clinical Preventive Services from the U.S. Preventive Services Task Force.
- NEW! The latest information about the Affordable Care Act is included.
- NEW! Updated photos reflect the latest in health promotion and disease prevention.
- Separate chapters on population groups — the individual, family, and community — highlight the unique aspects of assessment and health promotion for each group.
- Coverage of growth and development helps you apply health promotion concepts to each age and each stage of development through the lifespan.
- Case studies present realistic situations with questions asking you to apply key concepts, and care plans include nursing diagnoses, defining characteristics, related factors, expected outcomes, and interventions.
- Quality and Safety Scenario boxes focus on QSEN-related competencies with examples of health promotion.
- Innovative Practice boxes outline unique and creative health promotion programs and projects currently being implemented.
- Healthy People 2020 boxes present goals and objectives relating to national health issues and priorities.
- Research for Evidence-Based Practice boxes summarize current health-promotion studies showing the links between research, theory, and practice.
- Diversity Awareness boxes address cultural perspectives relating to planning care.
- Hot Topics boxes introduce significant issues, trends, and controversies in health promotion.
- Think About It clinical scenarios open each chapter, and include questions to encourage critical thinking.