Foundations of Maternal-Newborn and Women's Health Nursing - Binder Ready, 7th Edition
Binder-Ready Edition: This loose-leaf copy of the full text is a convenient, accessible, and customizable alternative to the bound book. With this binder-ready edition, you can personalize the text to match your unique study needs!
Make sure you fully understand how to care for women and newborns! Foundations of Maternal-Newborn and Women's Health Nursing, 7th Edition integrates essential maternity information into the overall continuum of nursing care to show how to provide safe care in the clinical setting. With easy-to-understand language, this updated text uses evidence-based guidelines and step-by-step instructions for assessments and interventions to help you quickly master key skills and techniques. Also emphasized is the importance of understanding family, communication, culture, patient teaching, and clinical decision making. This edition reflects the latest QSEN competencies, and the accompanying Evolve website includes review questions to prepare students for the NCLEX® exam!
New to this edition
- NEW! Reorganized content integrates complications into standard family care, includes new sections on obesity, and recommendations for infant safe sleep environment and reductions of SIDS risk.
- NEW! Contributing content from known experts in the field of Maternal and Women’s health include a former AWHONN president.
- Unfolding case studies help you apply what you’ve learned to practice.
- Safety checks integrated into the content help you develop competencies related to safe nursing practice.
- Critical Thinking exercises focus on clinical situations designed to test your skills in prioritizing and critical thinking.
- UPDATED Evidence-Based Practice boxes highlight the latest research and the most current QSEN (Quality and Safety Education for Nurses) practice guidelines for quality care.
- Chapter summaries appear at the end of each chapter and help you review core content in each chapter while on the go.
- Patient teaching boxes provide teaching guidelines, including communication guides, directed at patients and families.
- Critical to Remember boxes highlight and summarize need-to-know information.
- Nursing Care Plans help you apply the nursing process to clinical situations.
- UPDATED Drug guides list important indications, adverse reactions, and nursing considerations for the most commonly used medications.
- Procedure boxes provide clear instructions for performing common maternity skills, with rationales for each step.
- UNIQUE! Therapeutic Communications boxes present realistic nurse-patient dialogues, identifying communication techniques and showing to respond when encountering communication blocks.
- Knowledge check helps you assess your mastery of key content.
- Glossary provides definitions of all key terms.