Foundations for Population Health in Community/Public Health Nursing - Binder Ready, 5th EditionFoundations for Population Health in Community/Public Health Nursing - Binder Ready
Binder-Ready Edition: This loose-leaf copy of the full text is a convenient, accessible, and customizable alternative to the bound book. With this binder-ready edition, you can personalize the text to match your unique study needs!
Get the essential information you need to know about population health and community health nursing! Foundations for Population Health in Community/Public Health Nursing, 5th Edition includes concise, focused coverage of community health nursing — from nursing roles and care settings to vulnerable population groups. The book uses a practical, community-oriented approach and places an emphasis on health promotion and disease prevention. Practical application of concepts is highlighted throughout the text in case studies, critical thinking activities, QSEN competencies, and Healthy People 2020 objectives.
New to this edition
- NEW! Coverage of health care reform includes discussions of the impact of The Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act of 2010 (ACA) on public health nursing and the potential implications of its repeal.
- NEW! Check Your Practice boxes feature scenarios and discussion questions to promote active learning.
- QSEN boxes illustrate how quality and safety goals, competencies, objectives, knowledge, skills, and attitudes can be applied in nursing practice in the community.
- Healthy People 2020 objectives in every chapter address the health priorities and emerging health issues expected in the next decade.
- Genomics coverage provides a history of genetics and genomics and how they impact public/community health nursing care.
- Focus on health promotion throughout the text emphasizes initiatives, strategies, and interventions that promote the health of the community.
- Clinical Application scenarios present practice situations with questions and answers to help you apply chapter concepts to practice in the community.
- Evidence-Based Practice boxes highlight current research findings, their application to practice, and how community/public health nurses can apply the study results.
- Levels of Prevention boxes identify specific nursing interventions at the primary, secondary, and tertiary levels, to reinforce the concept of prevention as it pertains to community and public health care.
- Feature box on Linking Content to Practice highlights how chapter content is applied in the role of public/community health nursing.