Examination Anaesthesia, 2nd Edition
Examination Anaesthesia 2e is a detailed guide to aid the approach of anaesthetic trainees sitting the final fellowship examination of the Australian and New Zealand College of Anaesthetists (ANZCA).
The format of the ANZCA final examination has evolved in recent years, and this update to the exam guide aims to keep pace with those developments. All of the requirements of the FANZCA training scheme and components of the final examination are detailed, including a breakdown of the marking scheme and recent results.
Relevant resources (including new developments on the College website, textbooks, journals and exam courses) and practical strategies for restructuring life around exam preparation are provided. Separate chapters based on the major components of the written and clinical examinations, and a broad list of reference and review articles are included.
New to this edition
- details the new examination format (altered component weighting, spatial and temporal separation of medical and anaesthesia vivas)
- upgraded information on exam preparation courses
- expanded chapter on approaching the written components of the exam
- expansion of medical viva chapter to 21 case examples with increased representation of cardiovascular, endocrine and neurological conditions
- dissection of recent examinations, listing short answer and viva questions under relevant topic headings to aid study
- rewritten data interpretation section with a focus relating to anaesthetic practice; many new radiographs, electrocardiographs and other tabulated data (including echocardiography, arterial blood gas analysis, coagulation studies and sleep studies)
- complete update of the reference and review article section.