Drug Calculations Online for Kee/Marshall: Clinical Calculations (Access Card), 9th Edition
Easily master all four types of dosage calculations with Drug Calculations Online, 9th Edition. Designed to accompany Kee and Marshall’s Clinical Calculations, 9th Edition, this easy-to-navigate interactive learning course covers ratio and proportion, formula, fractional equation, and dimensional analysis methods of drug calculation through an engaging balance of instruction and application opportunities. Each module includes interactive case studies, animations, practice problems, voice-overs, self-assessment activities, quizzes, and more to reinforce your understanding and ensure your mastery of the latest drug calculation best practices.
New to this edition
- NEW! Updated content reflects the latest edition of Kee’s main text.
- NEW! Updated practice problems with current drug labels creates more realistic instruction and learning.
- NEW! Updated ISMP and TJC guidelines enables you to learn the most up to date terms and abbreviations.
- NEW! Additional features for the vision and hearing impaired have been added to the course.
- Explanations of all four major methods of drug calculation (ratio & proportion, formula, fractional equation, and dimensional analysis) expose you to all calculation methods so you can choose your preferred method.
- Extensive math instruction and review helps you master the basic skills you need to accurately calculate drug dosages.
- Modules are organized by topic sections and include an overview, objectives, learning outcomes, reading assignment, example problems, practice problems, and quizzes.
- Additional practice problems not found in the text are exclusive to the online course for supplemental practice.
- Narrated, step-by-step tutorials clearly explain how to solve many of the math problems in each of the four drug calculations.
- The latest guidelines in safe medication practice from The Joint Commission and the Institute for Safe Medication Practices help you learn how to reduce medication errors.
- Interactive case studies provide real-life patient scenarios.
- Comprehensive audio glossary defines terms and shows you how to properly pronounce these terms.
- Animations demonstrate specific concepts related to dosage calculation and drug administration.
- Interactive self-assessment activities include matching, sequencing, labeling, and multiple select activities, allowing you to evaluate and apply your knowledge.
- Voice over narration enhances the step-by-step explanation of math skills and drug calculation methods in addition to livening up instruction and discussion.
- Quizzes check your understanding of all major topics covered in each module.
- Coverage of the latest drug administration techniques and devices offer detailed explanations on the different ways to administer drugs.
- Information on the role of infusion pumps (enteral, single, multi-channel, PCA, and insulin) helps you understand their increased use in drug administration.
- Comprehensive post-test enables you to test your knowledge of key concepts from the text.