Differential Diagnosis in Surgical Pathology, 3rd Edition
Confidently sign out your most complex and challenging cases with the updated edition of Differential Diagnosis in Surgical Pathology. Widely used by residents and practicing pathologists alike this comprehensive medical reference provides brief bulleted descriptions of both common and rare disorders integrating excellent illustrative examples of the pathology with selected references. It's the perfect go-to resource to have by your microscope!
New to this edition
- Take advantage of extensive updates on tumor classifications and diseases, as well as expanded coverage of medical renal pathology.
- Stay abreast of the latest developments in molecular testing, including diagnostics, biomarkers, and targeted therapies, for entities such as the breast, lung, gastrointestinal tract, and melanoma.
- View over 1,350 full-color macro and microphotographs that provide a realistic basis for comparison to what you see under the microscope.
- Expert Consult eBook version included with purchase. This enhanced eBook experience allows you to search all of the text, figures, references, and videos from the book on a variety of devices.
- Quickly access essential information through concise, bulleted text; a consistent approach to diagnosis and interpretation; and a comprehensive yet manageable size.
- Formulate an accurate diagnosis with coverage of all of the relevant ancillary diagnostic techniques, and ensure every diagnostic possibility is explored with help from quick checklists throughout.
- Make informed decisions when delineating one disease from another with discussions covering all of the major organ systems.
- Understand what diagnostic criteria to consider or exclude with expert "pearls" and practical tips throughout.
|Main Author||By Vijaya B. Reddy, MD, MBA, Paolo Gattuso, MD, Odile David, MD, MPH, Daniel J. Spitz, MD and Meryl H. Haber, MD|
|Trim||276 x 216 (8 1/2 x 10 7/8)|
|Publication Date||19 Oct 2014|
|Stock Status||IN STOCK|
1. Special Diagnostic Techniques in Surgical Pathology
2. Skin and Adnexal Structures
3. Head and Neck
4. Lung and Pleura
5. Thymus and Mediastinum
6. Gastrointestinal System
7. Hepatobiliary System
9. Adrenal Gland
10. Ureter, Urinary Bladder and Kidney
11. Male Genitourinary System
12. Female Reproductive System
14. Lymph Nodes
16. Bones and Joints
17. Soft Tissue
18. Heart, Pericardium and Blood Vessels
19. Central Nervous System
20. Eye and Orbit
"The style and content of this book make it a must-have for students and residents in pathology. It compresses large amounts of data into a concise, easy-to-read format that includes the most pertinent information for each entity… This book offers a comprehensive differential diagnosis list for every entity and subsequently compares them, which is what has made it such a popular book."
-Drew D Nedved, MD (University of Kansas Medical Center) Doody Score: 90 - 4 Stars!