Developmental-Behavioral Pediatrics, 4th EditionExpert Consult - Online and Print
New to this edition
- Offers access to the full text online through Expert Consult functionality at www. expertconsult.com for convenient reference from any practice location.
- Features new chapters dealing with—Genetic Influences on Development and Behavior, Crisis Management, Coping Strategies, Self-Esteem, Self-Control, and Inborn Errors of Metabolism.
- Presents a new two-color design and artwork for a more visually appealing and accessible layout.
- Provides the latest drug information in the updated and revised chapters on psychopharmacology.
- Introduces Drs. William Coleman, Ellen Elias, and Heidi Feldman to the editorial team to provide current and topical guidance and enrich the range of expertise and clinical experience.
- Covers the considerable advances and latest developments in this subspecialty through updates and revisions to existing material.
- Features new chapters dealing with genetic influences on development and behavior, crisis management, coping strategies, self-esteem, self-control, and inborn errors of metabolism to cover the considerable advances and latest developments in the field.
- Focuses on the clinical aspects of function and dysfunction, rather than arranging subjects according to categorical labels.
- Emphasizes children’s assets as well as their liability so you get a well-developed approach to therapeutic management.
- Concludes each chapter with a summary of the principle points covered, with tables, pictures and diagrams to clarify and enhance the presentation.
- Offers a highly practical focus, emphasizing evaluation, counseling, medical treatment, and follow-up.
- Features superb photos and figures that illustrate a wide variety of concepts.