Comprehensive Cytopathology, 4th Edition
In the newly updated edition of Comprehensive Cytopathology a team of international experts provides criteria and techniques in diagnosis testing and new insights in cytology. This accessible guide to diagnostic investigation and screening is ideal for daily laboratory use taking a systematic approach to helping you understand major diagnostic criteria as well as the pitfalls and limitations of cytology.
New to this edition
- Remain at the forefront of your field. Content has been fully revised and updated to include over 1800 full-color images and 2 new chapters: The Bethesda System for Reporting Thyroid Cytopathology, and Digital Pathology. Five Chapters – Benign Proliferative Reactions, Intraepithelial Neoplasia, Invasive Carcinoma; Central Nervous System; Eye; Pancreas; and HPV – have new, original texts.
- Access expanded coverage of immunocytochemistry and molecular techniques in cytology, as well as digital pathology and its applications to telecytology (including CAP requirements).
- Equip yourself to handle any situation with guidance on diagnoses in cytology of all body sites (including the female genital tract); fine-needle aspiration of various organs; and special techniques.
- Offer your patients a definitive diagnosis with updated coverage on molecular testing, as well as the most current concepts, data and references.
- View 7 brand-new videos demonstrating specific imaging techniques in cytopathology available
- Understand the diagnostic aspects of cytology in both benign and malignant conditions in the various body sites and organs.
- Compare and contrast various diagnoses with help from Key Features boxes for numerous diagnostic entities.
- Stay on top of latest guidelines for cervical cancer screening and The Bethesda System for Reporting Thyroid Cytopathology.
- Quickly find the answers you need through a consistent chapter structure.
- Realize every possibility. Appropriate histopathological correlations and a consideration of the possible differential diagnosis accompany the cytological findings.
|Main Author||By Marluce Bibbo, MD, ScD, FIAC and David Wilbur, MD|
|Trim||276 x 216 (8 1/2 x 10 7/8)|
|Publication Date||6 Jul 2014|
|Stock Status||IN STOCK|
PART I GENERAL CYTOLOGY
Chapter 1 The Cell: Basic Structure, Function, and Molecular Basis of Neoplasia
Chapter 2 Basic Cytogenetics and the Role of Genetics in Cancer Development
Chapter 3 Cytologic Screening Program
Chapter 4 Diagnostic Quality Assurance in Cytopathology
Chapter 5 Evaluation of the Non-gynecologic Sample in Smears and Liquid-based Preparations
PART II DIAGNOSTIC CYTOLOGY
Section A Female Genital Tract
Chapter 6 The Bethesda System for Reporting Cervical Cytology
Chapter 7 Microbiology, Inflammation and Viral Infections
Chapter 8 Benign Proliferative Reactions, Intraepithelial Neoplasia and Invasive Cancer of the Uterine Cervix
Chapter 9 Glandular Neoplasms of the Uterine Cervix
Chapter 10 Endometrial Hyperplasia and Carcinoma, Extrauterine Cancer and Unusual Tumors
Chapter 11 Vulva, Vagina and Anus
Chapter 12 Peritoneal Washings and Ovary
Section B Cytology of Other Body Sites
Chapter 13 Respiratory Tract
Chapter 14 Alimentary Tract (Oral Cavity, Esophagus, Stomach, Small Intestine, Colon, Rectum, Anus, Biliary Tract)
Chapter 15 Urinary Tract
Chapter 16 Central Nervous System
Chapter 17 Eye
Chapter 18 SCytology of Soft Tissue, Bone, and Skin
Chapter 19 Pleural, Peritoneal, and Pericardial Effusions
Section C Fine Needle Aspiration of Various Organs and Body Sites
Chapter 20 Fine-needle Aspiration Biopsy Techniques
Chapter 21 Imaging Techniques
Chapter 22 Salivary Glands and Rare Head and Neck Lesions
Chapter 23 The Bethesda System for Reporting Thyroid Cytopathology
Chapter 24 Thyroid
Chapter 25 Lymph Nodes: Cytomorphology and Flow Cytometry
Chapter 26 Breast
Chapter 27 Mediastinum
Chapter 28 Kidney, Adrenal, and Retroperitoneum
Chapter 29 Liver
Chapter 30 Pancreas
Chapter 31 Pediatric Tumors
Section D Effects of Therapy on All Body Sites
Chapter 32 Effects of Therapy on Cytologic Specimens
Part III SPECIAL TECHNIQUES IN CYTOLOGY
Chapter 33 Cytopreparatory Techniques
Chapter 34 Digital Pathology/Telepathology
Chapter 35 Automation in Cervical Cytology
Chapter 36 Immunocytochemistry
Chapter 37 Molecular Techniques
Chapter 38 HPV Detection Techniques
List of Videos for Chapter 21
21-1a Axial ultrasound imaging of the right thyroid lobe
21-1b Parasagittal imaging of the right thyroid lob
21-2a Real time scan of the left thyroid nodule
21-2b Color Doppler scan of the left thyroid nodule
21-2c Real time scan of fine-needle aspiration biopsy of nodule
21-3 Ultrasound-guided aspiration of thyroid cyst
21-4 Ultrasound-guided fine-needle aspiration biopsy of hypoechoic left thyroid nodule
"This high-quality book would be an excellent addition to the library of any physician with an interest in cytopathology. It compares well with others in the field and stands out due to the image quality, the virtual slides, and the thorough discussion of cytopathology from specimen preparation to diagnostic issues. This edition addresses updated classification schemes including the Bethesda System for Reporting Thyroid Cytopathology and includes a discussion on digital pathology."-Natalie M Webster, MD(University of Kansas Medical Center) Doody Review: 4 stars